DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The model number is 106.51262104

All the food is spoiling and we need to get it fixed but my mom wants to go to sears outlit and get one for $500-600 and i was thinking of calling sears for them to come and fix it. but when we called sears said they cant give an estimate so i was wondering if anyone knows what will be cheaper. The refrigerator is almost 10 years old. sears said it cost $65 to come over and for a 1 year warranty it costs $265 for up to $500 but anything over $500 we got to pay the difference. Can someone please help with how much maybe it will cost to fix the fridge or if its worth it? Also, would do you think we should just go to sears outlit to buy a fridgerator instead?

·
Registered
504 Posts
don't know how much it would cost to fix but would guess [if it's not the sealed system] $200ish. call a LOCAL servicer. if you can tell him what it's doing/not doing he can probably give you ball park on price. pretty sure that $65 is just to come out then they add a diag fee $45??=110.

·
Banned
17,158 Posts
It is not even worth it. Plus the government is giving money back if you purchase newer energy efficient appliances. It is better to spend the money, because the price of repair alone would out weigh the cost to replace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts