DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I would try the Amazon one over the Walmart one. Easy to return to Amazon as well. They pick it up at your house so you don't have to drive anywhere. Have seen some really strange price deals on Amazon. Ordered some table hardware that is $50 on Rockler.com but was $28 on Amazon from Rockler as the vendor. Showed up in the Rockler packaging from Rockler. No clue as to why it was almost half the price at Amazon.
^ thank you! I was wondering why all the nay-saying if it says Whirpool is the vendor and the description says OEM PART! Yes, sure, there are knock-offs that are cheap, and a smart buyer must be careful... but then they wouldn't be able to say OEM and the company name as the manufacturer, would they?

And if they do send me something other than what they describe, that's a free return and return shipping paid for!

Only problem is these guys made me hesitate and the OEM one is out of stock. :(
So, looks like my options are Walmart, or wait for this to be in stock. I have a lot of extended family coming for 10 days starting this weekend, and the idea of air-drying all this bedding and laundry is making my head spin!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Click on the link you put in post #15. It shows 6 in stock right now.
Amazon is funny the way they work. That listing you see right now is not actually being sold by Amazon, it says its being sold by "LaundryDoc".

Amazon sells items directly, but also have affiliated stores that sell through them if they don't carry the item. When I first went to look, the price was $48.42 and it listed "sold by: Amazon" as the seller, as well as offering free Prime shipping. There were 3 left in stock, when I checked back later, it was sold out... but available from other sellers as well.
You can see a list of places you can buy through Amazon.com here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00DM8JA5S
Notice the top one, from Amazon.com, says temporarily out of stock.

If you click the link on the previous page now, it defaults to another seller since Amazon is sold out (default now is "LaundryDoc"), which is a third party affiliate, with a different price, different shipping, and not necessarily the same standards and policies as Amazon.com's own products. I don't know if I'm getting the item as described, or what kind of return policy they'll accept, which I think is what those guys above were being skeptical about.

Meanwhile, earlier today I checked on my phone and Amazon.com had a couple of them back in stock with Prime shipping, but by the time I got to my computer, it was sold out again. I think if I keep checking each day, they get more in here and there.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts