DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

junior estimator, Terminology, foundations

533 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  stuart44
hello everyone, please could someone clarify what 'foundations, 65mm facing brick, band to dpc' means? specifically band? what is band?
1 - 2 of 4 Posts
The band is the face brickwork which would normally be on top of the blockwork starting below the ground up to the DPC, so that only face brickwork is seen.
It would be shown as a number such as 0.900 Th which would mean 0.9 0f a thousand, or 900 bricks.
Normally used as a backing wall where for example a stone face would be used, rather than a solid stone wall.
1 - 2 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.