DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Jet Shopline table saw MN JSL-10TS-37 that has a broken fence locking lever. The fence is 26 3/4" long. I can't seem to find a replacement on line. Does anyone know what aftermarket fence would work as a replacement? I really don't want to spend hundreds of $$ on a 15 year old saw. Thanks

Attachments

·
retired framer
44,288 Posts
Some times you just have to use your imagination.

·
Registered
13,595 Posts
That poor fellow in the vid has used his Craftsman saw all of the 30 + years not knowing how to make the fence square itself to the miter slot each time the fence is moved before locking the fence. Those instructions are in the operator's manual that came with his new saw.

·
Naildriver
12,112 Posts
For my money, Beisemeyer makes the best, and they are not reliant on a "far table" attachment to make it square. It just rides on the far side and the fence tightens up on the near rail. Yes, you will drop $200+ for one, and the age of your saw makes no difference. I have a 1973 Craftsman in my barn that I "retired" when I got my Delta, but it is still a workhorse.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I brought the broken locking lever over to a local weld shop and they welded the broken bracket to the lever. It works somewhat well now but not as tight as when new. I might try the rigid generic fence if this fails in the future. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I bought the Delta, 36-T30T3, 30 in. DELTA T3 t-square fence for my venerable old Delta 10" Contractor's Saw back in December. It's not perfect, but it was a vast improvement over the Jet Lock fence that had been on the saw.

·
Registered
13,595 Posts
Does it have a -- Tight Adjustment -- and was maybe too tight was why it broke? Now it's not as tight and possibly won't break but is tight enough to work just as well?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts