DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a good decade or so since I have been on forums with all the Twitter and Facebook I do now, but I'm 2.5 years into home ownership with a quite handy father who lives 9 hours away and a social network of other millenials that don't seem to do a whole lot of handiwork. And I don't know how to fix or check all sorts of stuff. I regret being the little skateboard punk and video gamer that ignored all the opportunities to interact with home repairs and maintenance with my dad growing up. I don't recall our family ever hiring a professional to do work...my dad just learned what needed to be done and tried it. I can't even remember how many weekends as a kid were spent going to Menards or Fleet Farm to pick up parts for projects around the house.

Turns out that isn't genetic and I have a lot to learn.

Y'all know a lot more about home systems than I do, and I hope to pick up some tips because as a teacher, I'd love to learn how to do this myself as much as possible.

Currently digging into electrical investigations of why outlets stop working and best next steps to see if I can't avoid hiring an electrician. Off to the electrical section I go. Nice to meet you all.

Alex

·
Registered
10,953 Posts
Hi Alex and another welcome. As you spend time here you will learn who does what as there are many topics and various pros to reply to each.

Bud

Reactions: Fix'n it

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Welcome to the forum :smile:

Reactions: Fix'n it
1 - 5 of 5 Posts