DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Just call me Andrew
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the anode rod on my 10-year old Bradford White electric water heater. As you can see by the picture, I should have done this years ago...

So that's all done, it seemed to go fine. But when I turned the water back on, 2 of my sinks on the first floor (the heater is in the basement) have no water...hot or cold. Other things DO have both hot and called water in the house.

I am wondering if somehow the buildup on the anode rod (there was a LOT more than pictured) got into the tank and somehow clogged the pipes. I am not sure how it would have made its way into the cold water line though.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Just call me Andrew
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. That was it.

Today I’ll be draining the tank so I can change the heating elements. Hopefully I’ll get whatever is left of the old anode rod.

I’ll need to replace this thing eventually I have natural gas in the house now.

Would you guys recommend an indirect fired water heater (I have a relatively new triangle tube high efficiency boiler) or an on demand unit? Or something else?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.