DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,739 Posts
More details are needed. Prior to the 08 NEC this might have been ok to an outbuilding that had no metallic path back to the main building. The outbuilding panel was allowed to be re-bonded.

Under the 08 a four wire feeder is now required and the neutrals and grounds are isolated.

Where is the service panel?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Jim,

This is on an undeveloped property. The panel is the service panel. It is mounted on a pole right under the meter. It was installed sometime in 2005 and is being used for power and lighting for camping trailers during the hunting season.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
14,739 Posts
I don't see a bond screw installed nor am I sure if this panel is rated for service equipment use.

Since it is deer season and your are in MD I can bring my bow and check it out. :)

Reactions: Mike2401

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't see a bond screw installed nor am I sure if this panel is rated for service equipment use.

Since it is deer season and your are in MD I can bring my bow and check it out. :)

Thank you for your responses. The property is located in West Virginia . I believe Hampstead County. It was inspected and installed in 2003 not 2005 as previously thought. Inspection sticker says 2003.

Regards,
Mike

·
" Euro " electrician
5,369 Posts
Thank you for your responses. The property is located in West Virginia . I believe Hampstead County. It was inspected and installed in 2003 not 2005 as previously thought. Inspection sticker says 2003.

Regards,
Mike
Ok with your county codes it was legit that time but you are missing a bonding screw but here one major gotcha once you get over 6 circuits you will have to change that to main breaker box set up I know it kinda pain in butt but the code is very specfically say no more than 6 throws { it don't matter if single or double pole verison } once get over that number you denfiely need main breaker.

Merci.
Marc

·
Super Moderator
14,739 Posts
Thanks KB, thats where I thought the bond screw would go. Like I said I was not sure about the service equipment rating. The only time I install something that small was for a subpanel.

·
Electrical Contractor
3,368 Posts
We use those all the time on temporary pedestals. No main breaker required.

·
" Euro " electrician
5,369 Posts
We use those all the time on temporary pedestals. No main breaker required.
as long someone don't have a funny idea with twinner in this one.

Merci.
Marc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts