DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
I don't know of a stock paint but there is a glitter additive that I have used on interior walls.Check your local Lowe's or Home Depot for the additive and see if it can be used on exteriors.

·
Registered
683 Posts
theres quite a few houses around town with that glitter crap on the texture ceilings.
different i must say!
cool?
not really!
and you always seem to get a piece of glitter or two on you from houses with it and then you go home to the wife questioning you asking what kind of woman you were hanging out with while you are suppose to be at work lol

·
the Musigician
10,404 Posts
There's nothing "gay" about that. The wife asked if I could do it in the small bathroom, and I simply added multi-colored glitter to the paint. We both like the results. On the textured walls, it's kinda nice actually. :) The grandkids love it too!

DM

·
Registered
579 Posts
The reason I liked it was because I an an antiquated kinda guy....lol...I like the old retro stuff. I wish I had pics.The homeowner was thrilled and that's what matters.

·
paper hanger and painter
8,301 Posts
Used to spread it on popcorn ceilings back in the day for that disco ball effect! lol
if you mix it in, doesn't it loose the shine?
Had to sit on top when I did it.

Did my share of them also. Had one of those hand held cheese grater things that blew it up onto the wet paint. Not for me but it was kind of cool looking:eek:

·
2,392 Posts
There's nothing "gay" about that. The wife asked if I could do it in the small bathroom, and I simply added multi-colored glitter to the paint. We both like the results. On the textured walls, it's kinda nice actually. :) The grandkids love it too!

DM
Not that there's anything wrong with that!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.