DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with my basement remodel, I am dividing part of it for a storage/utility area. The plan was to have the wall almost butt up against the hvac unit. Well it’s coming to the time to build this wall and I just realized the one side of the basement wall has my water inlet right where I need to put wall basically. picture below
Is there any way to still build wall with this or should I build to the sides of it?

Attachments

·
Naildriver
14,392 Posts
I don't see a water inlet in the picture, but at any cost, move the wall to where it clears whatever infrastructure or facilities you have.

·
retired framer
51,966 Posts
Just put a jog in the wall so all that is accessible from the furnace room.
Rectangle Parallel Font Pattern Slope

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m a idiot, I wasn’t paying attention and thought wrong thing because there’s a lot that is going on with that wall. I meant the AC condenser piping that goes outside is where wall needs to go.
You can see in the picture where the top track stops. I was then going bring the wall out right there to divide room.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I took 3 more pictures. One you can see of the furnace and how I wanted to put wall there. Second is how it sticks out and is by floor joists. 3

Now some problems I have, I can’t move wall to the right because that now interferes with my water softener. And if I push it to the left it’s going be half the furnace, unless I do it fully on other side of furnace, which I was hoping not to do.

The third picture: so there is my water softener? I believe that is the name. The plan was to build the dividing wall, and also a little sealed in room, almost like a closet, with farm sliding doors that would hide the water softener. The dividing wall was going be used as a stop in a way.

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man! I’m sure I’m going have more questions on a couple more areas so I’m going keep this thread alive. Unless Nealtw you don’t mind me PMing you, you’ve helped me out a lot actually from other posts lol. Very knowledgeable and I thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts