DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm interested in replacing the window above the old concrete step (just to the right of the light brown brick) with a front door. Right now, those windows are an enclosed walkway from the garage to the house. The current front door is next to the garage door.

Obviously I'd need to carefully remove the window, cut the siding, and frame in a door. Is that doable? It seems like it would be... the measurements checked out.

Would this be a good look for my house or do I keep it as is? I posted some pics of my current house along with the type of door I'm looking to frame in. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Naildriver
17,025 Posts
I question why the landing is there in the first place, except that there was a door there originally. I agree with the others, put it in. Do you know the opening size that will be left after the window is removed? Pop off the two side interior trim pieces and measure between the framing. Measure from your floor to the top of the window as well so you will have a good idea of the rough opening.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Like the others have said I think it would look very good and would definitely make your house look more inviting from the street. What you plan on doing with the existing door next to the garage? Also, do you have any plans for the enclosed walkway that now won't be used?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like the others have said I think it would look very good and would definitely make your house look more inviting from the street. What you plan on doing with the existing door next to the garage? Also, do you have any plans for the enclosed walkway that now won't be used?
The exisiting door to be frame in and sideing. The walkway will be kept as it still needs to be used as it's the only enclosed access from house to garage (i know, it's strange)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.