DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced interior doors? I'm considering doors that are digital measured, precut and painted, installed in a day by One Day Doors.

·
Usually Confused
7,764 Posts
I'm not aware of the system you mention, but if your rough openings are sized for standard openings, with a little bit of care to make sure they are plumb and square pre-hung doors aren't that difficult to install.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow !! great, i am looking for. very soon i am going to remodel my home and also contact "IPC Restoration and Renovation Contractors". and very soon they will do and after that i have some require of that.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
I replaced my hollow core builders grade doors back in about 2009. Bought solid core six panel oak doors and finished them myself, then hung them in place as they were the exact same size as the old ones. I bought a Hinge Mate door hinge template tool which made quick, accurate work of setting hinges.

·
Registered
529 Posts
If your casings and trim is good, changing interior door slabs is pretty easy with a jig and router. I'd put new hinges on also, as they are cheap. Once you get the hang of it, you can do them is 1/2 hour or less, once they are painted and dry. If your house has 2 hinge doors, I'd add a 3rd hinge, as that looks better IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts