DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,718 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I insulated the hot water copper pipes in my crawl-space using foam pipe wraps (sold at Home Depot and Lowes Home Centers). These store generally stock pipe-wraps for at least two different copper pipe diameters. These foam wraps are slit along its length so it's easy to slip it over the pipes. Both stores carry a self-seal version that has adhesive on both seams along the slit. For installation in a cramped and dusty environment, the self-sealing wrap is well worth the extra cost, even though the adhesive can dry out after a year, as I found out. I fixed the problem by wrapping a good grade duct-tape over the pipe wrapping to reseal the seam.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
frost king

I insulated the hot water copper pipes in my crawl-space using foam pipe wraps (sold at Home Depot and Lowes Home Centers). These store generally stock pipe-wraps for at least two different copper pipe diameters. These foam wraps are slit along its length so it's easy to slip it over the pipes. Both stores carry a self-seal version that has adhesive on both seams along the slit. For installation in a cramped and dusty environment, the self-sealing wrap is well worth the extra cost, even though the adhesive can dry out after a year, as I found out. I fixed the problem by wrapping a good grade duct-tape over the pipe wrapping to reseal the seam.
I got the fiberglass with the wrap self adhesive to keep it closed. And some high temp. 3m tape.

http://www.google.com/search?q=fibe...bo=d&biw=360&bih=349&site=webhp&tbm=isch&sa=2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts