DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks I am planing on insulating a Metal garage for a wood working shop. I plan on adding heating and cooling in the future. My plan is adding safe n sound insulation first onto the inside metal then adding a 6 mil vapor barrier followed by plywood in that order. does that sound about right?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you think it will be a good idea to put a vapor barrier on the inside of the metal and adhere it usuing spray adhesive? then the insulation then plywood.

·
retired framer
44,484 Posts
Do you think it will be a good idea to put a vapor barrier on the inside of the metal and adhere it usuing spray adhesive? then the insulation then plywood.
I think you might do better with foam boards.

Do you know the size of the square stock framing?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The reason I didint go with foam boards was due to sound. I wanted the best sound proofing because im planning on using loud machines like the table saw. the framing studs are 4" and about 5 feet apart.

·
retired framer
44,484 Posts
The reason I didint go with foam boards was due to sound. I wanted the best sound proofing because im planning on using loud machines like the table saw. the framing studs are 4" and about 5 feet apart.
Are you thinking about wood studs or ? to nail the plywood to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts