DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to install a got water faucet by my sink. insinkerator seems you be very popular, but also littered with bad reviews. There are also many other brands online I've never heard of. A local plumber supply shop suggests looking into everpure and franke. Those systems are quite a bit more expensive, but also have some bad reviews.

Can anyone recommend a brand?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I have had insinkerater for 30 years now in three different houses.

Most have been trouble free however the one I have now I installed about 4 years ago and just discovered the tank leaking so I called the company at the 1-800 number and explained the problem to the Rep.

The unit was out of warranty so the Rep. is sending me a new tank free and no shipping charges even though the warranty is up.

Cool Huh?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I have installed 3 insinkerators in a customers house, two leaked just after the warranty period. Very nice stainless tanks that are two piece units, leaked at the seam. My guess at failure was expansion/contraction over time. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of choices for small demand heater units. Insinkerator fits the space and the need.

·
Mold!! Let's kill it!
2,849 Posts
I've used Insinkerators. At my own kitchen sink I seem to get about 6 years out of them until they self destruct and start leaking. I'm on my third. They work well but seem to have a lifespan. Mine have gotten used pretty hard, so I'm not terribly upset about it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
so even with the tank failures and leaks, you guys would still recommend insinkerator?
My experience is with insinkerator garbage disposals. The first one I installed about 20 years ago, worked wonderfully until the motor finally burned out. Mostly due to the LOML trying to grind a green scrubber by accident.

The one I bought about a year ago is terrible. It vibrates horribly on start-up if there is food in it that the old one handled with no problem. This is a top of the line model as was the old one.

I'm wondering if Insinkerator used to build in the USA and now builds in China or maybe gets parts from China. I donno but I do know that the new one is not even close to the quality of the old one.

HRG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts