DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this goes here or in Plumbing, but will start here.

My daughter bought a townhouse with a sprinkler system installed and many of the sprinkler heads don't have escutcheons. Told her I believe we could install them. After researching the parts it looks like I would want the split ring two piece type since I don't intend to drain the system. I looked at them again today and wonder if I really need both parts or just the outer rings. I've attached some pictures, the first one showing a sprinkler head with the escutcheons ring, then one with out it. Looking at the second one it appears the inner ring is in place and we just need the outer part that covers the hole in the wall. Is that correct?

If not I was looking at this, Retrofit Escutcheon | Recessed, Split Ring | 3/4 in. Sprinklers | Chrome. I figured 3/4 inch because the square piece it would fit behind measures 0.85" between the lines on the second drawing.

Sorry that I don't know the exact name of each piece and trying to figure out how to cover these so they look pleasing.

Thanks

Font Silver Circle Jewellery Badge

Automotive tire Rim Gas Plumbing fixture Spoke

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn’t think about that until I got home. I’ll go back with my caliper and measure the opening on one that is complete.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I went over there, made some measurements, and when I got home I reread the comment. I didn’t measure the deflector plate! Luckily, it’s only about 10 minutes away so will go back tomorrow..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts