DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
sweaty
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're going to put in laminate flooring in the foyer, dining room and kitchen. We know these areas will get wet becaude we have little kids and eventually the house will become a rental. Tenants are not that careful.

Should there be a glue or wax between the planks when installing? I'm sure water or drinks will end up sitting on the floor. I want to avoid damage to the floor.

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
I think you should reconsider your choice of floor covering. Laminate is damaged quickly by water and is very difficult to repair.

·
Registered
101 Posts
We're going to put in laminate flooring in the foyer, dining room and kitchen. We know these areas will get wet becaude we have little kids and eventually the house will become a rental. Tenants are not that careful.

Should there be a glue or wax between the planks when installing? I'm sure water or drinks will end up sitting on the floor. I want to avoid damage to the floor.
I completely agree with Omike, rethink that decision. Laminate is not the right product for those specifications. And you shouldn't use glue or adhesive on laminate. Not a good idea. you will just ruin the floor, maybe even the subfloor...that gets expensive and time consuming.

·
Pro Flooring Installer
7,922 Posts
Why not a wood-look vinyl?

Reactions: oh'mike
1 - 4 of 4 Posts