DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been living in my condo for 5 years have 2 pets - contemplating tearing out all of the carpet on the 12 stairs and upper level and replacing with either hard wood, laminate or vinyl wood planking. The issue is my entry way and Kitchen already have existing wood flooring in 3/4 2-1/4 butterscotch oak. I need advice on what will compliment this flooring the best. I am planning on staying in this condo for at least 5-7 more years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No unit below me...townhome type of units side by side. Any feedback for trying to match the existing hardwood - after spending an hour at home depot it appears my kitchen and entry way are natural oak not butterscotch. I am assuming the yellowing has occurring due to the age of the flooring. I have decided to stop exploring laminate and vinyl options an focus on the hard wood. Any feedback as the flooring sales person suggested that I tear out the existing kitchen & entryway stating it will look bad and not match.

·
Retired Moderator
25,768 Posts
You could have raw oak installed--then sand the existing--and finish the entire house---just a thought---not exactly DIY--but perhaps you could install the wood yourself and then call in a floor finisher---

1 - 4 of 4 Posts