I'm adding 1,000 sq. feet that has a bedroom, den, two full baths, and a laundry. I am trying to save a buck by installing the ducting myself. I think I want to use the coil ducting, rather than the stiff-type. Here are questions that I don't know answers to.
1. What diameter do I use? Is it different for bedroom, den, bathroom, laundry?
2. Can I attach coil ducting to the vent outlets with zip ties and still meet code?
3. Can I lay the ducting along the ceiling rafters, rather than suspending them from the roof rafters and still meet code?
4. Is it ok to run two air vents at opposite ends of the bedroom and the same at in the living room?
5. How do I end the ducting in the cavity where the return air vent will be?
6. What am I not considering?