DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new thermostat RTH2300B. I matched all the colored wires to the appropriate color coded terminals and seemed to be working. However, my AC will not stop running. The strange thing is that there is no matching Yellow wire coming out of the wall, so that terminal is left blank.

Attachments

·
Willing to listen
221 Posts
O/B terminal is to energize a reversing valve for a heat pump. Most heat pump systems use energized in cooling "O", so that is probably why you are running nonstop...it is giving a constant 24V output while your unit is set to cooling. I think your orange needs to be on the Y terminal, Y is the compressor demand to the outdoor unit. Power the indoor unit down to make any changes so you don't have a live 24V transformer and accidently touch a wire to something and create a new problem.

You can first verify by looking at what color wire is in the outdoor unit providing 24V to switch the contactor...it should be the orange one you are showing....just to be sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, that was it!

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm at work, so I had my wife switch the orange wire to the yellow terminal and that fixed the problem! The AC now turns off once the temp goes down to the set level.

Thank you very much for your help!

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts