DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
25,770 Posts
Why switch to pvc? It will use 2 sticks of copper --and give you a more solid install---

One of the plumbers from an area that allows different pipes will be along soon---

Here copper is code and I have no experience with the alternate piping--

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appears we should stick with copper, don't currently have the tools but will gettem.
Thanks!!

Why switch to pvc? It will use 2 sticks of copper --and give you a more solid install---

One of the plumbers from an area that allows different pipes will be along soon---

Here copper is code and I have no experience with the alternate piping--

·
Retired Moderator
25,770 Posts
Torch--red tin of flux---plumbing solder and a good tubing cutter---those are the tools---

Plastic will be cheaper---I'm just not knowledgeable in those things--still might need the copper supplies for the conversion to plastic---Mike---

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, its better to go better than cheaper, I'll pass it to my boss.
Located in Las Vegas NV.
Torch--red tin of flux---plumbing solder and a good tubing cutter---those are the tools---

Plastic will be cheaper---I'm just not knowledgeable in those things--still might need the copper supplies for the conversion to plastic---Mike---

·
Retired Moderator
25,770 Posts
Nevada probably allows for plastic pipe---let's see what a plumber says that knows about non copper piping---I live in a very restrictive part of the country---

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
mike does kane county follows Illinois plumbing code

·
Registered
37,460 Posts
PVC would not be used in a water pressure line.
Go with copper, Pex, or CPVC if codes allow.
Far better to go with all copper since that's what's already there

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
mike you are talking commercial ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.