DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to connect a Chint NC1 AC Contactor (NC1 - 1810) A float-switch in a water tank is 100m from the water pump. The float switch burns out after 6 months use. The float switch is connected to the L while the N is common directly to the pump motor and a power point. Have looked for a diagram on the net, but no luck. I'm not sure what goes where A1 - A2, L1 - L2 - L3 - 13 NO, T1 - T2 - T3 - 14 NO

Thanks
Did upload a diagram - hope it shows

Attachments

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Have the float switch only open and close the contactor. Take L1 and N directly to the motor. The float switch is not rated for the motor current (amps). That is why it burns up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks JV, I can't get a float switch that is rated for the motor. Thats why I want to install the contactor, so the current runs through the contactor and not the float switch. If that makes any sense. Kind regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can anyone else help. Didn't get much response on the advise to install the contactor. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
A1 is the line from the switch.
A2 will be the neutral wire.
L1 will be the hot wire that feeds the switch, and T1 will be the hot wire that hits the pump.

The coil is 120 volts correct?

Reactions: Flaxie

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Thanks JV, I can't get a float switch that is rated for the motor. Thats why I want to install the contactor, so the current runs through the contactor and not the float switch. If that makes any sense. Kind regards
I answered your question the first time. Lets be clear. The switch will open and close the contactor coil, not the motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Install contactor

Thank you Jbfan, worked perfectly. Tested it with a light fitting.
What a cool site. Many thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts