DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought when checking R-22 in a sytem the low side should read what ever temp it is on the inside the house, is that correct? When looking at the P/T chart for the high side reading, do you use inside or outside temp reading? Thanks for the help!

·
Administrator
41,641 Posts
The vapor side should read what ever the appropriate temp is for the super heat required for teh current indoor wetbilb temp and outdoor drybulb temp if its a fixed meterng device.
If its a TXV, then it will read what temp its SH is set for, plus any line temp gain.

The liquid line should read the saturated condensing temp for the units efficiency.
At 75°F an a 10 SEER unit, that may be 105°F, or it could be 100°F.

Not trying to be insulting.

You may want to get Modern refrigeration, and a few other books on vapor compression refrigeration operation.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK That did help but I have one question- in the article is says to find superheat use the "Tmperature probe and a pressure/vacuum module in conjunction with a suitable digital multimeter with type K thermocouple measurement and a mV input."

Would the guages be used as the pressure/vacuum module? if not where can I get one on these? I have a multi meter that I think would work, but I am not sure what type K is.

Any help would be great!

·
GC/Master Plumber/Mech
1,517 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts