DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no water coming out of 1 of 2 jets. water pressure gage low, can hear water in tank emptying when I turn off motor

·
Registered
428 Posts
Could be a number of things, you really didn't give much info on your type of system.

pump self-priming? if not, maybe it lost prime.
By "tank", do you mean filter?
If so, it may take a couple minutes to fill the filter---- actually if the filter is below water level, open the bleeder valve on the filter and let it gravity fill with water, then close the valve before turning the pump on.
Pool full enough to cover and feed the skimmers?
Does your pump have a clear cover on the pump housing? If so, does it look like it's pulling air in?
all return lines from skimmers open?
return line from main drain(s) open?
all valves on filter in operating position?
Does the system have a VGBA anti-suction device on it that may have tripped when you turned the pump on?
Is the pump a 120 or 240 volt? If it's a 240, possibly one leg of power not working.(happened to me 2 years ago).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Did you put the eyeballs in the returns yet, if not that may get water flowing to your far returns. Never mind the gauge their cheap and unreliable.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I hope she/he didn't fall in.

I think new folks sometimes think this is a live chatroom and if they don't get an answer right away, they give up and go elsewhere. I mean, it is called the " DIY Chatroom".
I noticed lot's of times, people make a first post as a question, and are never seen or heard from on here again. Oh well, we tried.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts