DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have a goodman GMP125-5 heater that has been acting weird for sometime. Here is the problem, when I turn on the thermostat the induction motor comes on and off. It will stay on for a sec or two then turns off but eventually after several tries the induction motor starts working fine and the whole heater starts. After that it works fine. By the way this is a new induction motor that was installed about a year ago so i doubt its the motor itself. I am a newbie to this community and I'm not sure of all the termonology that you guys use so please dummy it down for me. I will try to upload a video on youtube sometime soon so you can get a better idea of what the problem might be. Thanks for all you help!! :thumbsup:

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
If you have a constant 24 volts from W to C at the circuit board when this is happening then the inducer fan relay/board are faulty. Looks like a new board is needed.

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
No. Some Goodmans were cheap and did not have proper wiring terminals on the board. The connections were done in midair from the transformer with splices/marrettes. The reason I said check the voltage is if your thermostat is faulty and fluttering it may be the problem. 99.5% of the time it is the circuit board.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Yuri! Thanks for helping me out. I think you are right, its the circuit board. When I was listen to the heater I noticed a clicking sound and I narrowed it down to the circuit board. I'm sure its not operating right so I'm gonna go out and buy another one. I will let you know what happens afterward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.