DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already got some great feedback from others on my shower remodel project, but I'm confused on this aspect of it.

I'm about to fill this area in with concrete and wil be using this drain. With that said, how deep to I bevel the concrete around the pipe?

Should I just fill in the area with concrete and chip away as necessary after it hardens or make the bevel while it's wet.

Now that I think of it, maybe this isn't the right drain??! I'm installing a Kohler shower base made from Vicrell (plastic). I assume I need a compression strainer/drain? Is this correct?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-2-in-3-in-ABS-Low-Profile-Shower-Drain-with-4-1-4-in-Strainer-42210/100342534

·
Registered
500 Posts
Normally we put a 5 gallon bucket over the riser and pour around it. I just helped my brother in law set a pan over the weekend that had a 11" x 11" inset around the drain so we had to accommodate for that. Check your pan to make sure

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
From the center of the 2 inch pipe your shower drains into. You have to leave room under the base for the shower drain that you will mount on your base. All your doing is filling in the extra broken concrete area. Just cut a large coffee can ends off and center it on your drain. Pour the concrete and remove the coffee can after it solidifies.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From the center of the 2 inch pipe your shower drains into. You have to leave room under the base for the shower drain that you will mount on your base. All your doing is filling in the extra broken concrete area. Just cut a large coffee can ends off and center it on your drain. Pour the concrete and remove the coffee can after it solidifies.
awesome! Thanks Ghost

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.