DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Kentucky Blue grass is beginning to germinate, and the blades seem small and fine. But I also see occasional blades of grass poking up. Any idea what it is? Is it a variety of KBG?

I used Maurader KBG, and the label said it has three types of KBG seeds in, bu I cannot find the label. I pulled one out and it defiantly came from a seed. I planted in high quality compost, and covered it with EZ Straw.

Plant Terrestrial plant Finger Grass Thumb

Plant Road surface Asphalt Terrestrial plant Tar

·
Registered
22,225 Posts
@Haz726 I concur with @Msradell's opinion and go so far as to suspect that plant illustrated is a weed from seed in the soil.

That's one of the reasons seeding a lawn can be tricky sometimes.

That said, if you don't have too many, they can be dealt with. Weed grasses are the worst because there's no specific weed killers for them like 2-4-D for "broad leaved" weeds.

·
Registered
14,134 Posts
So my Kentucky Blue grass is beginning to germinate, and the blades seem small and fine. But I also see occasional blades of grass poking up. Any idea what it is? Is it a variety of KBG?

I used Maurader KBG, and the label said it has three types of KBG seeds in, bu I cannot find the label. I pulled one out and it defiantly came from a seed. I planted in high quality compost, and covered it with EZ Straw.

View attachment 694628
View attachment 694627
Have you taken one to the county extension service for identification ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts