DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Identify skylight for replacement glass

1582 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  activa
Several years ago a contractor replaced some skylights in my home. The outer insulated glass panel has shattered on one of them and I would like to replace the insulated panel.

I have looked over the entire inside and exterior of the skylights, and I cannot find ANY identifying information, and I cannot figure out how to remove the panel.

The only thing I noticed about it is there are three plugs on each side of the interior sides. I have posted a pic of the side with a plug removed, but there isn't anything in there that looks like it's keeping the window together.

There MUST be a way to replace the panel without completely removing the entire skylight, flashing and all... but for the life of me, I can't figure it out!

Any one know what brand of skylight it is, or how it comes apart?

See less See more
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
We would need to see a picture of the outside with the whole skylight so we can see the trim and everything also look for branding on outside.

The glass is usually sealed in with rubberized caulking material.
The glass is typically replaced from the outside so you would need to be on the roof.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.