DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - I have a 12’ wall in my basement that I’m looking to fill with something - pictures, art work, etc.. It leads to a living area like a man cave to give you an idea. Attached is a picture. I thought of hanging floating shelves but wanted to see some other thoughts. Thanks!

PS the ceiling is not messed up like it looks lol

Attachments

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Re: Ideas for empty 12’ Wall

I've got a couple guitars (1 acoustic, 1 electric), a violin, and a harp decorating an 8' wall (I could easily space them out to fill 12' of wall)

On the 12' wall opposite I have a huge antique looking map.

Maybe put in a built in bookcase, themed book cases usually turn out pretty cool. My folks had a large wall in their old place that we built a combo bookcase and dart board / trophy case on. If you're a drinker type, you could do a bookcase that displays wines, cool glasses, or various bottles, etc. I collect leather bound books that I plan to put on a built-in type bookcase eventually. DVD's/BluRay bookcases might work in a man cave too.

Reactions: de-nagorg

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I had a wall that I wanted to paint with bullet holes and blood stains but my wife didn’t want to live in a crime scene.

·
JUSTA MEMBER
19,129 Posts

I have seen large murals, in wall paper form, that you can apply to it.

Or paint your own "Mona Lisa" on it.

Even saw one once where they had hung a dozen or so Toilet Seats, with lids, and placed the Grandkids pictures in them.

Lift the lid to see the pictures.

You are only limited by your imagination.

ED

·
Registered
29 Posts

I'd either go with a series of frames pictures in various sizes, a sideboard in the middle, a potted fiddle leaf fig on one side, and a couple hurricane candle holders on the other. Another option instead of the series of smaller pictures would be 2-3 large paintings that blend together, and maybe a couple sconces on both sides (if you're up to wiring).

Couple pics to show what I'm talking about, sort of. Obviously different paintings, and no couch.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.