DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone have any ideas for a light, simple design which would allow me to hang a light piece of fabric to divide a room?

I have a small studio apartment, which is pretty much all pre-fab concrete (panelak). I would like to separate a corner of the main room by some sort of light curtain fixture.

The idea is to make a kind of privacy screen between two sleeping-areas.

The nicest option would be affixing screws along a ceiling-mounted track, but the screws would have to go into the concrete ceiling. However, I don't have a drill, nor do I want to shake the whole apartment with the noise.

I would love to just screw in hooks into the ceiling, but it might be too tough to do without a drill.

Does anyone know...are there any other options for me?

Thank you!

Olusha

·
Contractor - Renovations
260 Posts
light bedsheets and a lot of staples :laughing:

why not use these things? no drilling required.

Or you could go to Ikea and get the tracks and use panel curtains as a wall. I've seen it done in bachelor suites
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30079370

·
Registered
762 Posts
I like these things, but it looks like they are out. You might be able to find something similar (For the mods, I'm not affiliated with Ikea in any way shape or form) It would, however, involve drilling somewhere to install.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60075295

If it is a short distance, a tension shower rod may work.
you'd still need to drill into the concrete.
How about gluing a ceiling mounted track to the ceiling? You'd need to prop it up/tape it until the adhesive set

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
First I would ask, do you have permission to drill holes in the ceiling of a rental unit?

Then I will say that fungku's concept is best best plan. Buy some blank door slabs and hinges at one of the box stores and attach the hinges to fold in a zig-zag pattern.

The only tool that is a must have is a screwdriver.

Alternately with some more tools and skill you could build the door frames and secure fabric to the frames.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts