DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello:

I have a g.e.profile perf. model #TFX25PPBGWW side by side refer/freezer. Before I went on vacation I turned off my water and took all the ice for my cooler. When I returned I turned on the water and noticed a small leak where the 1/4 tube goes into the back of the freezer. I replaced the clamp and there were no leaks. The next morning found no ice cubes and water on the floor. There was a block of ice under the bottom drawer and a large ice flow going down the back of inside of the freezer. Upon further inspection the 1/2 tube that directs water to the ice tray was bent and not connected to the water line. I inspected it for ice blockage and cracks-None. I reconnected it thinking this was my problem-Wrong. Again I have water on the floor and a block of ice under the bottom drawer and no ice. The solinoid allows 3 ounces of water when it clicks on.

Question: Is it possible there is air in the system to push the 1/2 tube out. Also there is not a block of ice in the ice tray. If it were overfilling wouldn't the water end up in the ice tray? I manually put water in the tray and it makes ice cubes.
Any thoughts? Can I test to check for leaks without electicuting myself or getting frostbite.
PS I have wood floors and I hate having to deal with this leak.

Regards,

Magilla

· Registered
504 Posts
your shut off valve is bad. it's still allowing a little bit of water to enter i/m....what happened was; i/m was not turned off,at the next cycle it energized sol,because there was not enough water pressure to completly close sol valve [when power is removed-water press closes diaphram,stopping flow] it continued to drip water in--so slow that an ice blockage formed at the rear top where that fill tube is.--soulution=remove the water fill groment assb from back of refig. clear blockage. replace shut off valve with a regular style shutoff, reduced for i/4"line[they sell these]. when you go away turn i/m off[it doesn't know if the water is on or off and will just keep cycling on it's internal thermo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.