DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
25,770 Posts
Is the tint water based or oil based?

You will need to remove it with water and soap or a solvent (if oil based)
Then prime with a stain blocking primer like Zinser 123--

A pro painter might have a better /simpler solution--let us see what other suggestions come along---

·
Registered
973 Posts
Probably meant just a base that's "supposed" to be tinted but that shouldn't stop it from drying.
Yup. All of the driers are in the paint tint base and not the "tint" used to color the paint. How someone would get their hands on either one is my question. Just going into the box store and pulling stuff off the shelf because there wasn't a salesperson any where to be found would be my guess.:vs_bulb:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yup. All of the driers are in the paint tint base and not the "tint" used to color the paint. How someone would get their hands on either one is my question. Just going into the box store and pulling stuff off the shelf because there wasn't a salesperson any where to be found would be my guess.:vs_bulb:
Some products are just marked base(white) and nothing else. If tinted, it'll be tagged but I doubt in the checkout counter checks to see what it is, all they ask is if your using your Home Depot or Lowe's card and/or if you want to apply for one!

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
My local pro paint store recently donated about 500 gallons of a discontinued base paint to our local Habitat ReStore. All on sale for $10 a gallon. The paint store will tint the paint at no cost if you want it tinted, but they told the Habitat store to tell customers that the base paint doesn't actually need to be tinted, it can be used as-is out of the can or bucket if you want a white paint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.