DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
I agree with ya Sly. I got a nice chuckle reading the checklist I got from a City for inspections when they referred to I&W as "eave flashing".

·
Registered
96 Posts
To MJW
Teminology is a big thing with customers. Words we take for granted, they don't understand. A little more time with customers goes a long way to not losing a job over $50. With some people it is a price point only.
We do the home shows here in Vancouver & bring in our most knowledgable staff to educate people about the products they are puchasing.
Terminology changes, installation changes, prices change & the customer is bewildered by all of it. Detail your quotes so they have to ask the other roofers the unknowns in their quotes that are in yours. Educating your cutomers goes a long way to making the sale at a price you can live with.
Dale Chomechko
DC Roofing Inc

·
Registered
938 Posts
I knew I would get a lecture on "how to be a salesman" from a salesman. You are right, but sometimes, it doesn't matter what you entail in your bid. They only look at the dollar amount at the bottom.........that is, until they get screwed over a time or two. There are quite a few young people with houses here in the states. They have no idea, and really don't care.

Like Ed said, most contractors are used to getting beat down on their prices so bad because of cheap labor, that they have to make cuts here and there, and the customer gets what they pay for.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts