DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, the special person I had wire my hallway did not do what I asked and instead put 2 lights on the 3-ways. So, what I want to do is wire 3 lights, to the 3-ways and a 4-way. I crudely drew my hallway with switch positions in the picture below. On the 1st switch is a 14-2 power in with a 14-3 out to the 1st light. On the end of the circuit is a 14-3 wire from the 3rd light to the 3-way. From there, I am aware I am going to have to re-wire everything. Everything is open and easy to do right now. Can someone please help me design this circuit so I can operate all 3 lights from any of the 3 positions please? My wires go through the ceiling, and I can use the light boxes as junction points as well.

·
Super Moderator
9,604 Posts
Easiest was is power to s1, 14/3 to 4 way switch, 14/3 to next 3 way switch, 14/2 to light one, then light two, then light 3.

Reactions: piscespokerbrat

·
Super Moderator
22,783 Posts
You have many options.
The best is power into one switch(3way). 14/3 to switch 2(4way), the 14/3 to switch 3(3way). Then a 14/ from the last switch to light 1 , then light 2 then light 3. The drawing only has one light but just add more in parallel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys are just awesome! I studied diagram after diagram before I found this forum, and I just couldn't get my head wrapped around this. Thank you so much for the help! I now can't wait to finally wrap this hallway up!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are so bad ass I swear! I tackled the hallway today.. took me about 2-3 hours, and now I have 3 switches, 3 lights, and I looked the fool running up and down the hallways flipping switches!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP!!!! Without you, I would have a scared little boy without the much needed lights he needs to get to his room!

·
Super Moderator
9,604 Posts
Thanks for letting us know the project worked out for you.
That's what keeps some of us here answering questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts