DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walking the dog behind a nearby condo building and I see this. These are all heat pumps in these buildings. Not sure why they put them all right on top of each other, except maybe that's where they built the chases for the refrigerant lines. But imagine this in the dead of winter when these things are essentially running constantly. It seems less than ideal to me.

Window Building Plant Wood Brickwork

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the original units from the 90's seem to have been replaced and the new ones are a good bit quieter. But I bet it still gets noisy back there. The original owners must have had a tough time sleeping for sure.

I wonder how much noise makes it thru those windows

·
Registered
16,540 Posts
Lol..... And people think they are getting that rated seer/HSPF. This is why many places here include the ac/hp in the blueprints as soon as it's larger than a townhouse.
Can bet they often don't get rated seer/hspf even when seemingly installed properly between high static, not being charged properly and blower speeds not set correctly. That just adds insult to injury.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is how they do the ends of these buildings. Better than the ones in the center but some are still pretty close. Original units were not quite so close because they were half the physical size.

Plant Window Property Flower Building

1 - 11 of 11 Posts