DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a garage that likes to puddle on two spots....the garage is slab on grade and the gutters discharge far from the problem areas. The puddles are close enough towards the edge of the slab that I could probably drain from the sides somehow. Just wondering what other alternatives there may be (sump pump feels like overkill).

·
Exterior Construction
26,571 Posts
If you are telling me that it isn't from the bottom up, I would look at additional/fixing the weatherstripping on the doors into the garage.

If the floor is not coated, it will very likely perc back through the slab into the ground.

You don't want to be cutting holes or drains in the floor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are telling me that it isn't from the bottom up, I would look at additional/fixing the weatherstripping on the doors into the garage.

If the floor is not coated, it will very likely perc back through the slab into the ground.

You don't want to be cutting holes or drains in the floor.
It's definitely from the bottom up. The 'side drain' I suggested was to dig under the slab from outside (maybe 3 ft from edge). Water eventually evaporates in the garage which causes a bit of a moisture problem. I'm not sure it's percolating. Slab is uncoated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts