DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am trying to find some ployethylene sheeting for vapor barrier in the crawl space. Home Depot seems to have it -

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=100651791&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&PID=500871&cm_mmc=CJ-_-500871-_-10368321&cpncode=30-36238291-2&AID=10368321&cj=true&srccode=cii_9324560

but no where on the box does it say ployethylene. I am hesitant to buy it without a clear indication that it is poly and not a non-poly plastic. The verbage on HD's site is often inaccurate so I dont trust what the online labeling says.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
37,139 Posts
That's the one to use.
Pick up some 16" insulation hangers to be bent in half to hold it in place.
Roll it out in the yard and measure and precut it before you go under the house. Roll it up, slide it in the hole. Tack it in place againt an end wall turn around and unroll it crawling on top of the plactic but do not add anymore stakes until you get to the end. Pull it tight and get it streight, tack it and work your way back tacking as you go. Make sure to add some where the vents are so the wind does blow it up. Also add extra where the crawl space door is so as someone crawls in there not messing it up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the contact link bbo. I think it is poly but it would be helpful if they would just say it on the box. I'll give em a ring in the morning. I just want to hear em say "its poly" before I turn loose of the loot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts