DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a oil furnace with hot water baseboards. I am having a hard time :furious: and I have tried and tried with this thing, but for whatever reason when the unit is off the baseboards remain warm. It is almost like the unit is not closing off the valve for the hot water to my living room zone.

Although the furnace does not seem to be firing up all the time, the baseboard just remains warm and SO does the room. I wouldnt normally complain about warmth in the Maine winter time, but its just too warm. Any help from the knowledgable folks here?

·
Thread killer
306 Posts
Are you zoned with zone valves or pumps? Is there a coil attached to your boiler for domestic hot water? Could be a few things, going to need more info. Pics of the piping around the boiler is always nice too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry yes I should give some more info.

The system looks like it is a Honeywell furnace or at least in part. There are 3 zones which have what appear to be electric relay valves. They are little white round things that look like to open flaps.

In the wall there are 3 wires, green, red, and white. The Thermostat currently has the red hook up to the red, the green is on the relay/heat valve, and the white is unhooked as Hunter said that white is a common wire and should not be hooked up. The system turns on and off the heat as necessary, but the baseboards just always stay warm.

I will try to get some pics of the pipes around the system.

·
Administrator
41,417 Posts
Guess Hunter doesn't know that many White Rodger valves need the third wire connected to close the valve.

That Hunter stat may not be compatible with your system.

Post pics of the zone valves. Model number will help also.

Honeywell just makes parts and controls, your boiler is made by someone else that uses those parts and controls.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The model number for the thermostat is hunter model 44155c, pics still incoming I cannot find my digital camera and my phone pics are dreadful

1 - 5 of 5 Posts