DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I hooked up a new thermostat which required the usage of a Common wire. Being the idiot that I am, I removed the whole house humidifier wiring (Honeywell HE120) from my furnace (Lennox Airflow 92AF1UHxyz) and didn't take a photo about two years ago. <face palm> I posted on here then and got some good feedback, but not found that my information was not correct. So, I'm back hoping to get some more help.

Now I have three wires (three from the humidifier control panel) looking for a home. Here's a diagram that I put together to explain my situation:

Unfortunately, the owner's manuals and installation guides aren't too helpful for my situation. Any ideas on which wire should go where? Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
I’m not sure why you have the transformer connected to the U terminal in your diagram.

You are also missing a component on your diagram. If you open the bottom panel of the humidifier you will expose the control board for that humidifier. Have a look in there and draw those connections in to your picture.

I will double check this tomorrow but from memory, Typically the U and U terminals are what control the humidifier. There should be terminals inside the humidifier bottom panel that those contacts connect to. I believe these are powered connections from the humidifier control board. The humidifier is just looking for dry contacts from the humidistat to control that.

On the far RIGHT of the humidifier control strip there are R and C terminals that is where you would connect the R and C from the transformer. ( that is the 15VA transformer supplied with the humidifier, not your AHU transformer)

On the far LEFT of the humidifiers control strip is where you connect status and control wires from the furnace. You connect the furnace R and (G or W) and you can connect the Gf to the furnace G terminal so the humidifier can force on the fan when it needs to.

There are many different ways this can be connected and because you have the transformer shown as powering through the U terminal on the humidistat I think we need more pictures and an updated wiring diagram that includes the humidifier.

Take pictures of the control wires at each control board (furnace and humidifier), just like you did at the humidistat, and at the thermostat. Also include any other items you have in your system controls also ( condensate overflow, leak detector, air proving switch, etc...)

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
Do you have a HE150 as the HE120 is a old school drum humidifier?
Here is a manual for them.

69-2413EF-09 - TrueEASE™ Humidification System

Take your power from the furnace circuit board and 2 wires. One to a terminal on the board which should say 24 volt hum and the other from C and run them to the humidistat. Make sure you test it with a meter when the heat is on if it does not say 24V hum as it could be 120 volt HUM. There may be a terminal like that also so beware. Check it to the C on the board when the heat and fan are on.

The you hook your humidifier to the U and U terminals in it and that is all that is required. You don't need a extra 24 volt transformer as the one in the furnace is large enough to do the job.

The 24 volt HUM terminal gets turned on with the heat and you don't need constant power to the humidistat for the display. It will turn on with the heat. Unless you want to mount it upstairs and look at it all the time which means you will need extra wiring and to interlock it all so it only works with the furnace fan. If it is a simple duct mount then follow my info.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Do you have a HE150 as the HE120 is a old school drum humidifier?
Here is a manual for them.

69-2413EF-09 - TrueEASE Humidification System

Take your power from the furnace circuit board and 2 wires. One to a terminal on the board which should say 24 volt hum and the other from C and run them to the humidistat. Make sure you test it with a meter when the heat is on if it does not say 24V hum as it could be 120 volt HUM. There may be a terminal like that also so beware. Check it to the C on the board when the heat and fan are on.

The you hook your humidifier to the U and U terminals in it and that is all that is required. You don't need a extra 24 volt transformer as the one in the furnace is large enough to do the job.

The 24 volt HUM terminal gets turned on with the heat and you don't need constant power to the humidistat for the display. It will turn on with the heat. Unless you want to mount it upstairs and look at it all the time which means you will need extra wiring and to interlock it all so it only works with the furnace fan. If it is a simple duct mount then follow my info.
Ahh, page 17 looks like they do have an option to run the TX through the U terminals of the humidistat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys and gals,

I made a quick video of the what I'm working with. It's a little easier than photos.

·
Hvac Pro
23,688 Posts
I don't know what you had hooked up B4 but all you need to do is get 2 wires from the humidistat on U and U to the solenoid valve and run 2 wires from R and C of the humidistat to the furnace board like I said B4.

Go to HDepot and buy some 18/2 LVT if you need to. There are a variety of ways to wire it depending on how sophisticated your furnace is. If you did not have a 24 volt HUM terminal on your furnace board it gets more complicated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I have problems with any connections, I just call a locksmith who solves the problem. I don't like to mess around with these things and waste my time on them. Or there is an easier option: to order equipment that is easy to operate. I recently saw a review of the best tent humidifiers on the website 420 Grow Radar, because I want to buy one for myself. I plan to grow a weed at home and decided that I need it. I am lucky that this humidifier is very easy to connect and it is almost completely automated and I do not need to stand near it all the time. So, don't make life difficult for yourself.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I appreciate the video but we really need you to do the leg work on this one and make a diagram that includes all the components in your system, or just follow the advice that has already been posted to see if that works for your situation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts