DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Remodel and New Build GC
11,373 Posts
Wow....That's almost a scam....

I don't know if this is a solution for you... but I found this EPSON ET3750 (Costco often has it on sale) which I think is TERRIFIC.

For many years I got sucked into the overprice ink cartridges of HP and Epson... as I could find no alternative. But this Epson is a miracle to me. It has worked flawlessly, printing/scanning/auto doc feed etc...and ink bottles last forever...and are really cheap.

It gets pretty heavy residential/business use... and has been just perfect since early 2019.

I'm not sure how Epson makes money with this unit.

Reactions: turbo4

·
Challenge Everything!
547 Posts
From the Web:

How to bypass HP instant ink cartridge?
Please make sure that you follow the steps as under sequentially and appropriately to override the HP instant ink cartridges and save your money;
  • Firstly, you have to log in to your HP instant ink account.
  • A window opens up on your screen showing the ‘how to override HP instant ink’ account’s page.
  • Once you have your account page on the screen, please make sure to click on ‘my plan.’ Next, you have to select ‘edit.’
  • You will see ‘cancel enrollment on the HP instant ink account,’ please make sure that you click on it to cancel your subscription.
  • Next, you will come across a confirmation request for your action, where you have to click on ‘cancel service.’ This single click confirms your cancellation of the HP instant ink program.
  • Following the steps mentioned above, you can successfully cancel the HP instant ink cartridges program, and it would not bother you. Besides, you can get manual ink cartridges for your printer and continue using the device.
  • Also, the cancellation does not happen right away; when the month ends, your subscription will become inactive as well!
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Your mistake was buying an ink jet printer, ink jet printers are for suckers

Buy a laser printer, more money up front, cheaper in the long run,

My laser printer, prints about 5,000 pages per toner, I buy toners for less than $20

Work that out price per page, and compare it to an ink jet printer,

Yikes!!

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Your mistake was buying an ink jet printer, ink jet printers are for suckers

Buy a laser printer, more money up front, cheaper in the long run,

My laser printer, prints about 5,000 pages per toner, I buy toners for less than $20

Work that out price per page, and compare it to an ink jet printer,

Yikes!!
Iv had both, Inkjets are close if you get hi capacity ink tanks. My laser printer was no better after i paid the additional up front expense and the toner wasnt cheap either $60.Add in that it didnt last very long. The toner or the printer. I do taxes and print thousands of pages a yr.

·
Remodel and New Build GC
11,373 Posts
By charging $500 for the printer. My big epson WP-4020 was $99
Not familiar with your printer TURBO, but I think I paid 250 for mine at Costco (300-50 disc and it came with two sets of bottles) anyway I thought it was a great deal verse those F'n cartridges that I was always buying for $25-30 apiece that lasted about 1/10 the time that my bottle of ink lasts at $15.

I always did think printers were subsidized sales to hook us on buying their ink. Maybe, if someone is a casual user, the cheaper machine with the expensive ink refills might be more economic...not sure. I just know that machine that I got has saved me a chitload.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
I usally wear them out every 2 to 3 yr from heavy use. My epson is still limping along just barely made it thru this tax season. Im afraid to buy a new one if i cant use aftermarket ink but its days are numbered. I figure i get e few thousand pages from a $10 aftermarket ink cartridge. Vs $40 for an Epson ink cartridge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts