DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

121 - 140 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
17,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #130 (Edited)
The weather temperature here is hot and humid. Certainly, around 32 degree.
Where is here?
The wonderful complexities of climate at work!

There’s places in Norway100 miles south of the Arctic Circle we here palms cactus and agaves grow.
I was thinking it might be geography, which of course affects climate. Although, I'm not on the tempering Coast, I'm closer than E. Tennessee.

·
JUSTA MEMBER
15,461 Posts
The wonderful complexities of climate at work!

There’s places in Norway 100 miles south of the Arctic Circle where palms, cactus and agaves grow.
Isn't that where they have high volcanic activity also.

Warming the soil and area very well?

ED

·
Registered
10,443 Posts
Back to normal, 55 - 70 F today, expected, more or less.

Ahhh, that furnace was getting so tiring.

·
Registered
6,533 Posts
So I'm in the recliner watching TV, and through the patio doors to my left I suddenly see my grill in flight, mid air. When the natural gas hose hits end of travel, it does a sudden drop, but by then its off the terrace and fall about 2 feet lower to the grass. Fortunately, my buddy was over and helped me lift it back onto the terrace. It's actually pretty heavy and I don't think I could have done it myself. Wind has died down now, and I seem to still have all my shingles :). Will check tomorrow to see if there was any serious damage to the grill.
Only real casualty was a magnetic latch for one of the doors. I quickly found that it was just a Southco item for sheet metal assemblies. Found it on Amazon and Ebay, but the prices were just ridiculous. But then finally I found TCH Hardware had them for very reasonable prices. The UPS charge was more than the latches.

121 - 140 of 178 Posts