DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
17,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just driving thru the country here, sipping on my Taco Bell coffee. I'm addicted.
You can criticize California, but the sunlight is so beautiful on the rushing water in the many full irrigation canals. . . little tiny newborn calves in the green grass, new irrigation tubes on newly plowed dirt, ready for grape vines and next to those acreages, ready for young almond trees. They're nothing if not optimistic! Coastal mountains in the distance. Sun, water, trees, mountains, animals.
77 F, 16% RH, winds 3 mph.
How about you?

Bangladesh, too. :giggle:

·
Registered
240 Posts
It’s a gorgeous-2c (29f) with a little snow on the ground. Just got back from a mile and a half walk. Just south of Winnipeg Manitoba Canada.

Retired guy from Southern Manitoba, Canada.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
72 F, sun setting behind the palms, wind has died down, no smell of smoke hope you're all safe.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Well we had the earliest snow that I can recall in my 52 yrs, on Oct 24/25. 6"... and our low temps (single digits F) at night broke the records this past week.

We had a huge ice storm a few years back on Halloween... this beat that by a week. I hear Oklahoma is having/had an ice storm this week. Too cold too early.

·
JUSTA MEMBER
15,479 Posts
50 degree days, 25 degree nights, a trace of last weeks snow still on the ground.

Was -9 last week at night, but hey a fall squall, it'll be 70 degrees Saturday.

And the darned California smoke is messing up my blue skies.

Calving season has gone bye-bye, 6 months ago.

ED

·
Registered
17,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Problem with those temps, it’s tough snowmobiling weather lol.

Retired guy from Southern Manitoba, Canada.
You just drive an hour to the big mountains, East. I haven't seen snow yet but soon. ( On the mountains, that is.) Even the Coastal mountains will have snow. It's in the 40's at night already, here. So I guess you have your choice, go East, West or North.

No snow, yet.

·
Registered
17,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
72 F, sun setting behind the palms, wind has died down, no smell of smoke hope you're all safe.
May I suggest sticking a wet finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing? If you ever don't have time to check Cal Fire, it pays to check that it isn't just the wind that changed the advancing fire's smoke! :mad: :eek:

·
Naildriver
10,833 Posts
We're getting the rain and wind from Zeta now thru 0900 today. Up to 60 mph winds. That is quite a blow from a "tropical storm". We've had hurricanes that only deposit rain, but wind?? We'll see.

Reactions: Nik333

·
retired painter
10,028 Posts
We are still having days in the 70s and nights in the 50s but it's been an extremely wet year. I think it was a couple of months ago they said the total rainfall so far was equal to our yearly average.

It's pretty much been raining non stop since yesterday afternoon, no strong wind to speak off.

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
5:53AM 55º rain fell most of the night but nothing heavy. 1.7". Today's forecast is more rain off and on and 58º.

Reactions: Nik333
1 - 20 of 190 Posts