DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I’m 24 and from Mississippi and I’d love to truly learn remodeling. I have some professional construction experience but mainly just underground utilities and formwork. I would love to apprentice under an experienced carpenter but I’m afraid it’s a little too late in the game to go back to 10-12/hr. Is it unrealistic to expect to ever become competent to the point where I could be self employed without being a hack? I’m talking years down the road of course.

·
JUSTA MEMBER
19,133 Posts
Only 24, and talking like a washed up geezer?

I have 42 years on you and still learning new things all the time, all it takes is determination, and the will to listen to us geezers that are interested in taking on an apprentice.

Stop into your local Carpenters apprentice program, and apply , most of them are always looking for people your age with potential.

ED

·
Registered
13,778 Posts
Another welcome. Best advice would be to start slow. Tackling a big project can lead to disappointment and loss of interest. Accumulate tools as you need them and feel free to draw advice from the forum.

Bud

Reactions: de-nagorg
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.