DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked at the Zooz's instruction and I cannot find any of their options that match my current wiring diagram. At the 3 gang receptacle, #3 switch is what also controls the light. At the 1 gang receptacle box is where I want to replace it with the Zooz's switch.

TW=traveler wire (I think)
CW=common wire.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the 3 gang location, #3 switch does not seem to have a neutral wire. Does this mean I can still put my Zooz switch at the single gang box? I tried and it does not work. So here's my current wiring.

At the single gang box (Zooz switch), I pig tail the neutral wire from the yellow wire nut to the neutral screw, white wire on the load, black wire on the line, and red is on the traveler. Currently this wiring is not working. Any other suggestion? Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a multimeter and this is what I got.

A: when the regular switch #3 is flipped up
red, black, and white all have power (I didn't measure the voltage because the ground is tucked way back in the box to poke with one of the multimeter probe.)
On the Zooz switch only the red wire (measured 52v) and white has 120v power.

B:when the regular switch #3 is flipped down
red and black has power
On the Zooz switch only red has power (120v)

·
retired framer
38,860 Posts
At the 3 gang location, #3 switch does not seem to have a neutral wire. Does this mean I can still put my Zooz switch at the single gang box? I tried and it does not work. So here's my current wiring.

At the single gang box (Zooz switch), I pig tail the neutral wire from the yellow wire nut to the neutral screw, white wire on the load, black wire on the line, and red is on the traveler. Currently this wiring is not working. Any other suggestion? Thanks!
There is a chance that all the neutrals are at the lights and all you have is switch legs but I don't understand what the whites are that are nutted.

A meter would show 120 volts between power and neutral.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, so if I put the black probes on the multimeter to the neutral and red probe to the line (black wire), I should get 120v, correct? This would mean I have a neutral line, right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts