DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
UAW SKILLED TRADES
5,341 Posts
Update 8/14: Well, I've learned a lot from this forum..Special thanks to stickboy1375. Based on all the advice, I decided that the fusible disconnect was only a partial solution, so here's what I did. I installed a 30amp subpanel in the garage, from which I ran a circuit for the refrigerator, one for a switched outside light, another for interior switched overhead lights and another for 3 outlets spaced evenly around the interior. It was a lot more work, but in the end I am quite satisfied that I started this thread and listened to all your advice. Thanks!
Can you post some pictures of your 30 amp sub-panel in the detached garage with the cover removed ?

There are specific codes governing this installation. We just want to check and make sure you wired the sub-panel correctly. This would include a grounding electrode system and neutral and ground separated at the sub-panel

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.