DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wiring up 2 separate single pole light switches in the same 2 gang box. The power is coming into the box. I connected the power (black) to the bottom of one of the switches, made a pigtail over to the other bottom port of the 2nd switch. I then plugged each of the wires coming from the two different lights to the top of each switch. I connected all the whites together and then the grounds together with one ground going to the first switch with the green screw.

It is not working. There is power coming in that I tested. I just don't know what I am doing wrong.

·
Registered
139 Posts
stangred1997 said:
I am wiring up 2 separate single pole light switches in the same 2 gang box. The power is coming into the box. I connected the power (black) to the bottom of one of the switches, made a pigtail over to the other bottom port of the 2nd switch. I then plugged each of the wires coming from the two different lights to the top of each switch. I connected all the whites together and then the grounds together with one ground going to the first switch with the green screw.

It is not working. There is power coming in that I tested. I just don't know what I am doing wrong.
Ay chance you can post a picture?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
The way you posted should work.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.