DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace several different types of interwired heat/smoke/fire alarms in a house in Palmer, Alaska. I can get the standard BRK ionization alarms locally, but I need a heat/temp rise alarm for the garage, combo ionization/CO alarms, combo ionization/photoelectric alarms, and a Honeywell wireless CO detector. Nobody can ship any of these to Alaska. I don't want to pay an installer to do a simple twist-off/twist-on job. Where can I get these alarms?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What reasons are you getting for the denial of shipment?
Variations on "can't ship to this address, supply another address", at Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, etc.---guessing state restrictions on shipping radioactive materials.
This will probably require me to find a local source. Got the wired ionization detectors from Lowes, but the specialized detectors have eluded me so far.

·
Usually Confused
7,749 Posts
I just a quick check of the USPS website and they provide instructions how to ship expired ionizing detectors back to the manufacture (if unable to dispose of locally) so it seems it isn't their issue, and Kidde provides shipping parameters for outside the contiguous US, including Alaska. You might want to dig a little deeper into the various system messages you are getting. Perhaps its the address and not the product.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts