DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to remove a Delta faucet from my tub.i have looked and. there is no set screw to loosen and I have tried turning it clockwise and it will only turn a little bit. I'm afraid to try to turn it more.
There's a little notch on the bottom, but there is no screw in it. There is a little white plastic tab, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there some other way to remove a faucet?

·
Registered
37,459 Posts
Most often if there's a notch there's a screw, never seen a white tab, got a picture? To remove it would need to be turned counter clock ways, lefty loosy.

·
Super Moderator
7,795 Posts
If you are sure there is no set screw, try inserting one handle of the pliers or channel lock into the spout and carefully use that as leverage. Turn ccw.

May be some sediment preventing it from breaking loose. Use some wd 40 or clr. Also make sure there is no silicone around the spout and tile. Looks like there may be some on the top. Hope you get it off soon.

·
Retired Moderator
25,770 Posts
It is possible that the spout was twisted by someone and the set screw is no longer at the bottom ,where it should be--Deltas use set screws--at least the ones I have installed.---and some have a brass fitting that is soldered to the copper stub out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.