DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just removed all the ceramic in my bathroom in the basement and I am now faced with the task to remove my presswood subfloor. I want to put down a new plywood subfloor and then ceramic.

How do I effectively remove the presswood subfloor as easily and painlessly if possible. Any tricks would help.

/e

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi, I just removed all the ceramic in my bathroom in the basement and I am now faced with the task to remove my presswood subfloor. I want to put down a new plywood subfloor and then ceramic.

How do I effectively remove the presswood subfloor as easily and painlessly if possible. Any tricks would help.

/e
I assume it's not screwed down, that would be too easy.
You could always use a circular saw(skill saw) set at the right depth for
the presswood thickness, and do some cuts around the peremter of the room, then use a pry bar to lift the sheet with nails.
A receprocating saw or sawzall could cut where the skill saw won't.

Good luck with this project,

·
Pro Flooring Installer
7,408 Posts
Why is there a wood floor over the concrete in the basement? Bad, bad, idea. At least I assume it's a concrete floor in a basement.

·
Tileguy
6,050 Posts
There may be a shower in this bath but that has nothing to do with the question. Why is Kerdi in this discussion now?

You don't ever use plywood or any wood on a basement floor, it's a very risky installation. You can go direct over the concrete, or better yet install Ditra matting first.

Jaz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ditra sounds like a great product. Is it available a2 Home Depot, Reno Depot, Rona, etc?

Is it expensive?

/e

1 - 7 of 7 Posts