DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I plan to remove this granite 'border' and I'm wondering if there is any way possible to do it without cracking the surface granite? If you look at the attached picture, you can see the granite border that I'm attempting to remove.

This was installed approximately 15 years ago, so I'm not sure if there is a special way to do this without cracking the surface? Once I remove the border, I plan to install a tile backsplash in place of the granite border.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

· Banned
30,077 Posts
Usually just construction adhesive on the drywall and silicone on the bottom. Thin knife (don't cut yourself struggling with the knife) to cut the glue and silicone away. I would be more worried about breaking the countertop seal so as to not break the countertop when you get it free.

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually just construction adhesive on the drywall and silicone on the bottom. Thin knife (don't cut yourself struggling with the knife) to cut the glue and silicone away. I would be more worried about breaking the countertop seal so as to not break the countertop when you get it free.
Great, thanks for this... I'll give it a shot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.