1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

How to remove chalk paint from tiles?

I have asked multiple people and have tried the following:

• Paint remover (moderate success, too many tiles - will be too expensive)
  • Heat gun (little success)
  • Turpentine (No success)
  • Spirits of Salt (No success)
  • Suger Soap (moderate success - not working great)
  • methanol spirit (and then I lit it up - no success)
  • Brake fluid (no success)

I'm considering sanding the tiles, but would rather ask. Perhaps someone has some advice.

Please see the pictures, advice will be greatly appreciated

Property Road surface Flooring Asphalt Brickwork

Brown Rectangle Brickwork Brick Wall

Road surface Tile flooring Rectangle Flooring Pink

·
Naildriver
16,993 Posts
Maybe we don't use the same terminologies, but "chalk" paint here will basically wash off with water. It appears you have already tried scraping several tiles. Some of the cocktails you used, I wouldn't. Brake fluid??? You actually set Methanol on fire?? If you are having success with true paint remover, the gel type, then I'd stick with it. Otherwise, it looks as if you may need to remove the tile and replace with new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe we don't use the same terminologies, but "chalk" paint here will basically wash off with water. It appears you have already tried scraping several tiles. Some of the cocktails you used, I wouldn't. Brake fluid??? You actually set Methanol on fire?? If you are having success with true paint remover, the gel type, then I'd stick with it. Otherwise, it looks as if you may need to remove the tile and replace with new.
Haha...thanks chandler, yes my cocktails reveal how desperate I became. For the record the methanal on fire didn't work :D.

The gel did work best, though I had to use a lot and it is a large surface area - It will be very expensive. I was considering painting over it as it is. What do you think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts